This blog follows no particular theme. My constant craving soul just wont allow it! This is my musings on wisdom, travels, life in Spain, kettlebells, running, rock music and so much more.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Stop and smell the sea urchins and sangria



Today I had one of those days when I remember that the grass isn't always greener. I remembered that my life, the way I live now, the people in it and the town it happens in, is not that shabby.
I think maybe some of you know what I am talking about. It is so easy to forget what beauty you have around you, you become blind to the reality of the everyday life.
Of course it is hard to stay focused and in the moment when we (well I do) are constantly planing the next move, trip or the next thing that is going to create happiness.

I have it all around me, happiness, life is there and it is not hiding either! Yesterday we had a nice relaxing Saturday with sangria and sun on our balcony (how awesome isn't that photo?! Like from a charter catalog!). And today went for a walk with my husband into town to people watch and without any effort on my part it turned into this beautiful day. People were swarming the town from last nights motorcycle meet up and today's chameleon festival(see photo above). We just didn't have any idea any of this was happening, since we were not looking in the place where we actually live our lives!

So I guess this weekend I have learnt to "stop and smell the roses", or rather the sea urchin that they were serving at the festival. I am so happy I live in this cool little town! Don't get me wrong, I looove to plan things, research and write lists and will keep doing it too but in the future I might just start too look at whats closest too me and actually see it this time!

No comments: