This blog follows no particular theme. My constant craving soul just wont allow it! This is my musings on wisdom, travels, life in Spain, kettlebells, running, rock music and so much more.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Le petit heaven

One day strolling around the rose city of Toulouse my husband was determined to show me this store his mother had taken him to last time he visited.

When he finally found the place he told me to close my eyes before getting up to its window. He did the 'tadaa!' and I opened my eyes. In front of me was the fantastical world of the most amazing chocolateir I have ever been into!



I love that my husband knows me so well! Wondering around the place I felt like I was in a daze. It was impossible to take it all in. And how could I choose from this chocolate art?
I mean just look at these marzipan fruits and vegetables, they look so real!



We ended up buying a small bag of pralines and truffles (which we had to eat as soon as we purchased them, only to prevent the melted mess of course...!) each and a bag of chocolate covered gourmet coffee beans.



Every bite was highly emotional! And yeah, of course we don't have any left over... Ah, until next time my sweet chocolateir!

9 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's wild.

Arlee Bird said...

Definitely up my alley as far as my desires and cravings, but probably not so much for my health. The "fruits and vegetables" look absolutely amazing.

Lee
Tossing It Out

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Those are amazing! Good thing I don't eat chocolate or I'd go nuts.

Nikosmommy said...

Amazing marzipan fruit! I'm always amazed at how Europeans stay so thin even the food is so AMAZING!!

Annika said...

Yeah I know! It seriously must be the portion size. French people love gourmet food and they eat it every day, but the trick is yet again in the details... They only have a little serving of each!

Jenn@slim-shoppin said...

Wow, how lucky to visit a place like that, gorgeous!!

Hi Annika! I've posted another weight loss success story on my blog, come on over and check it out!

Diana said...

If ever I wanted to know what "Heaven" looked like, your pic just took me there!

Johana Hill said...

Oh! *speechless* *drooling* *jealous* *not-fair* *sad* *heartbroken* *GIMME!*

Saumya said...

AHHH!! All these pictures are soo tantalizing! That's really sweet of your husband :)

Cute blog!!