This blog follows no particular theme. My constant craving soul just wont allow it! This is my musings on wisdom, travels, life in Spain, kettlebells, running, rock music and so much more.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Graduation crisis in the sun

Whoa! I guess I have not felt like blogging in awhile huh?

It is all good here in Spain though, last week I was busy laying on the warm sand and soaking up some rays dude!
Unfortunately this week I am just busy with school again... Nearly done though! May is my last month of school and then I have my Bachelors degree, whoohoo!

Young woman sunbathing on beach


The only problem that the end of school seems to bring is that I have fallen into some confused midlife crisis! What now? Now that I am going to be graduated, what is my next step? Do I really have to grow up now?

The horror! I automatically in panic started to think that going for a Masters degree would be so much cooler then Bachelors... But that would be based on the fear of "the graduated from college" void...

high angle view of a girl in a graduation gown sitting bored


I have gone from panic and to embracing the possibilities, or if you prefer, embracing the chaos! Have a lot planned for this summer including starting to work on my book, learning Greek and French and also plenty of travel. Come fall we will see how the book is going, I might be ripe for actually starting to look for a "real" job by then.

I have so many dreams and the perfect opportunity to fulfill a lot of them, now I just have to prioritize and be creative! Hmmm... Or procrastinate! Don't you hear the beach calling my name?

7 comments:

Irene Blushing Loves said...

Thanks for your lovely words darling!Things are getting hard here!But sometimes I dont feel sorry for us!Its our fault you see!We put our hands to get out our eyes!Plus supid people covern us!But thanks!!!!

Wendy Ramer, Author said...

If that beach is anywhere near Marbella, I say answer the siren call!

Johana Hill said...

Go for your Masters! I did my Bachelor and a PG course. Want to do Masters but not now.

Learning Greek sounds interesting! I know agape mou and mikonos. Hehehe...

Left you an award on my blog. Run over and grab it! ;p

Nikosmommy said...

Your undergrad degree is a great base for your future career moves. But going back to do your masters (while a great idea) is a commitment to several more YEARS of school. It's very easy to fall in love with the student life-style and all the time off that it brings. (not that it isn't hard work) but I think that sometimes people get comfortable with the cushy student lifestyle. Learning French (challenging) and Greek (impossible) are going to be really intense. And starting a book sounds like dream. But what's stopping you from looking for a "real job" now? Maybe get some experience in your field first...I find that it makes a graduate degree so much more fulfilling when you've work in your chosen industry/field for a while first. But then maybe you're wanting to start a family (just guessing) and if you got your Masters done, you could focus on your family for a few years....?! OOOOh there's so many ways to go....for now enjoy the beach!!!!

Nikosmommy said...

P.S. I said that Greek was impossible because I've studied it for years! LOL and French too when I was younger...

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations!
And who says you have to grow up after graduation? I didn't!

Anonymous said...

I hear the beach...the beach definately says you should procrastinate..
Welcome Back! missed ya!